Community Resources for Military Children
Military Children and Youth Symposium: The Strength of Our Future
The April 15, 2011 was a great event. Thanks to all of you that participated. Click on the following links for the presentations from each one of the breakout sessions.
- Behavioral Health: Treating the effects of multiple deployments on military children
- Supporting the military child with special needs
- The Resilient Military Child: Keeping Them Strong – Mind, Body and Spirit
- Get straight talk and hear perspective from our panel of military children during a working lunch.
The Military Children and Youth Symposium is sponsored by Fort Carson, the Inter-Service Family Assistance Committee.
Register online beginning March 1 ( deadline to register is April 7). Spaces are limited so please register early if you plan to attend.
Operation Military Kids (OMK)
Operation Military Kids, a 4-H/Army youth development project, is offering day and resident camping experiences for military youth ages 13-18 from military families who have had a parent deployed in the past year, currently have a parent deployed or anticipate deployment of a parent in the next six months.
Camps have adventure, environmental, technology, outdoor survival and service learning themes plus there are military family overnights planned for Colorado attractions such as zoos and museums.
Offered on different dates April through August 2011. Call for more information and to register
Free to military kids and families except for a returnable deposit
- 720-250-1188 or 303-271-6646